Which is an absolutely wonderful bus line if you want to get a real good sense of the city.
This photograph captures many aspects of life in Beijing that I’ve seen:
- Bicycle as transportation
- No bicycle helmets
- Protective wrapping/plastic kept on as long as possible
- Disregard of traffic rules
- Shoes that’ll be worn at the destination also worn during the commute
- Face-mask for protection against pollutants
- Large amount of collapsible bicycles
I also think that the number of men and women riding bicycles is pretty similar.
The lettering at the bottom of the sign reads:
KOLKATA TRAFFIC POLICE
faster, safer, friendlier